Bridge on-premises and cloud with Windows Server 2019
- Extend datacenter to the cloud. Only Microsoft offers consistent hybrid services, including a common identity platform with Active Directory, a common data platform built on SQL Server technologies, and hybrid management and security.
- Add built-in hybrid management capabilities. Windows Admin Center delivers an elegant, browser-based view of Windows Server workloads running on premises and in Azure. Easily connect Windows Server deployments to Azure services and use natively integrated services such as Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery without disrupting applications and infrastructure.
- Manage privileged identities. Many breaches can be prevented by protecting administrator credentials. Windows Server 2019 ensure that all apps and system components have just enough access privilege.
- Secure the operating system. Discover and address security breaches with integrated Windows Defender Advanced Threat Detection. Help prevent host intrusion with Windows Defender Exploit Guard, which locks down devices against attack vectors and blocks behaviors commonly used in malware attacks.
- Secure fabric virtualization. Protect VM workloads from unauthorized access, with Shielded Virtual Machines for Windows Server or Linux workloads. Protect network traffic with the flip of a switch with Encrypted Subnets.
- Modernize apps faster with container support. Windows Server 2019 delivers a smaller Server Core container image for speedier download and offers enhanced support for compute, storage, and networking of Kubernetes clusters and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Improve Linux operations. Building on previous support to run Linux and Windows containers side by side, Windows Server 2019 reduces complexity by enabling developers to use standard tools such as Open SSH, Curl, and Tar.
- Microsoft-validated solutions ready to go. Use turnkey Hyper-Converged Infrastructure solutions from your preferred hardware partner participating in the Windows Server Software Defined (WSSD) program.
- Get industry leading performance. Configurations are optimized for each partner’s hardware and focus on performance, capacity, or a balanced approach.
- Simplified management. Simplify daily management of HCI deployments with Windows Admin Center, an elegant, lightweight browser-based, locallydeployed platform that brings together your resources for visibility and action.