AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Router supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology, with AiProtection Classic network security powered by Trend Micro™
- New-Gen WiFi Standard – WiFi 6(802.11ax) standard supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology for better efficiency and throughput.
- Connect in your way – You can share the internet from 3G/4G dongle to the router by plug the dongle in a USB port.
- Ultra-fast WiFi Speed – RT-AX53U supports 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency – Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- 4 Gigabit ports – One Gigabit WAN port and three Gigabit LAN ports, 10X faster than 100–Base T Ethernet.
- AiProtection and Parental Controls – helps keep your network protected and allow you to set the time limit for a client's network usage
Get Your Home Ready for WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current WiFi standard. The latest WiFi 6(802.11ax) standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster WiFi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
Next-Gen WiFi Speed
RT-AX53U is a 2×2 dual-band WiFi router that provides 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201Mbps on the 5GHz band — RT-AX53U is 1.5X faster than 802.11ac 2×2 dual-band routers.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac WiFi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the WiFi 6(802.11ax) standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive WiFi experience.
Better Battery Life for Your Devices
Target Wake Time (TWT) allows RT-AX53U to schedule designated intervals for devices to transmit data. This allows them to sleep when there is no need to wait for a router signal, reducing power consumption by up to 7X for significantly improved battery life.
WiFi that Goes Farther
With the latest WiFi 6(802.11ax) standard featuring OFDMA technology, RT-AX53U provides increased WiFi signal range and better coverage by dividing each channel into smaller sub-channels. These sub-channels have a smaller bandwidth that enables them to travel up to 80% farther1, resulting in a better WiFi connection throughout your home.
Protection for your Home Network
RT-AX53U incorporates ASUS AiProtection, a commercial-grade network security system powered by Trend Micro™ Smart Home Network. With AiProtection, all connected devices are protected, even if they have no antivirus capability of their own — such as IoT devices. AiProtection blocks common internet-based attacks before they reach the network, and if an infected device is detected on the network, AiProtection instantly blocks it to prevent it sending any personal information to malicious servers.
RT-AX53U has one Gigabit WAN port, three Gigabit LAN ports, and USB 2.0 port. Smart TV, game consoles, NAS storage devices, backup internet and more can now have their own dedicated ports, making RT-AX53U your solid digital home hub
Robust control and optimization with ASUSWRT
With the ASUSWRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor, and control network applications all in one intuitive area. With fast setup, multi-device detection, and flexible settings, ASUSWRT makes the most of your network performance.